Fudge Fat Bombs
Chocolatey and sweet fat bombs. As their name suggests, they taste just like a piece of fudge, but without the refined sugar.
Fat bombs have become a staple snack in our house. We tend to eat a higher fat and lower carb diet due in part to the satiating effect of fat, but mostly due to the fact that fat just plain tastes REALLY GOOD. Plus, as I discussed in my post for my Lemon Bar Fat Bombs recipe, saturated fat is now being widely accepted as being part of a healthy diet. So, say a big "helllllooo" and "I love you" to that coconut oil of yours.
In this recipe, I use either powdered stevia or monk fruit sweetener for sweetness and think both taste delicious.
Stevia is a sweetener that is derived from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana. It contains 0 calories, 0 grams of carbohydrates, and rates at a 0 on the glycemic index, making it a safe option for diabetics.
Monk Fruit Sweetener
Monk fruit sweetener, like that of stevia, contains 0 calories, 0 grams of net carbohydrates, and rates at a 0 on the glycemic index, making it another safe option for diabetics. Monk fruit is grown in south Asia and has been used as a natural sweetener for centuries.
Personally, I prefer the flavor and texture of monk fruit sweetener as it is very similar to that of traditional sugar. Some people find the flavor of stevia to be a bit harsh so, if you’re in that category, I recommend giving monk fruit sweetener a try. This is the brand I use and love.
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is keto, low-carb, paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and refined-sugar-free.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission. Don't worry, you won't be charged anything extra. This just helps keep the lights on.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour, 20 mins
Makes: Approximately 30 fat bombs, depending on size
1 cup almond butter
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp powdered stevia or 1-2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener, depending on sweetness preference
1/16 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Over medium heat in a small pot, melt and combine almond butter and coconut oil.
- In the same pot, add dried ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Pour mixture into bowl and place in freezer for 40-45 minutes OR pour into silicone mold (if you choose to use a silicone mold, skip steps #4 and #5 and just allow the fat bombs to solidify in freezer, about 2 hours).
- Once solidified, remove bowl from freezer and form into balls. Tip: regularly wash hands under cold water and wipe with dry paper towel to avoid coconut oil melting in hands.
- Place formed balls on a flat tray or plate and return to freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Eat up!
Store fat bombs in airtight container in the freezer. When you want one, pop one out, allow to thaw for a few minutes, and eat up!