Low-Carb Cinnamon Sugar Bagels
Low-Carb Bagels?! YES PLEASE.
If you've been following a low-carb diet for any period of time (even as short as 30 seconds), you've probably dreamt about bread. Soft, warm, DELICIOUS bread. I love you and I've missed you.
Did you know...
Most store-bought bagels have OVER 50g carbs in just one bagel?!
That is UNREAL.
But! DON'T YOU WORRY! You will no longer be denied your bagel fix!
Just like the real thing, minus the JUNK!
These Low-Carb Cinnamon Sugar Bagels not only are, you guessed it, low in carbs, they taste EXACTLY LIKE A BAGEL. I swear. It's almost too unbelievable to be true, so I decided to not question it. Even Ryan agreed that these bagels taste exactly like a traditional store-bought bagel. SUCCESS!
These bagels can be enjoyed straight out of the oven or, my personal favorite, cut in half and toasted in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes. Golden-y brown with some cream cheese on top? YUP SIGN ME UP.
With only 5.6g net carbs per bagel, these Low-Carb Cinnamon Sugar Bagels will satisfy both your craving for bread AND your sweet tooth!
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission. Don't worry, you won't be charged anything extra. This just helps keep the lights on.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: ~40 mins
1 3/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener, divided (use code "REALBALANCED" for 20% off Lakanto products)
1 tbsp cinnamon, divided
2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 oz. cream cheese
3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave for 90 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and stir ingredients together. Return to microwave and microwave for another 60 seconds. Stir together until mozzarella and cream cheese are completely combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs. Add whisked eggs to large mixing bowl of flour.
- Transfer cheese mixture to large mixing bowl of flour and eggs. Using your hands, knead together the dough until well-combined (flour and cheese must be combined completely before moving ahead to remaining steps).
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions (I used a food scale to make sure mine were precisely divided). Using your hands, gently roll each of the 6 portions into a log shape, attaching the two ends to make the log into a circle. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk remaining egg. Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash over bagels.
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp of monk fruit sweetener and remaining 2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle on top of egg wash on bagels (I used a mesh strainer to ensure cinnamon sugar was evenly coated on bagels).
- Bake bagels for 12-14 minutes, watching the bagels carefully the last few minutes to ensure cinnamon doesn't burn.
- Remove bagels from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes (NOTE: it is important to allow them to cool before eating as the inner part of the scone will finish cooking during this time).