Salted Toasted Coco-Nut Banana Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is one of the easiest, most filling sugar-free breakfast options that we've come across! It has a delicious texture and can be garnished with just about anything! This recipe is one of our favorites because it combines flavors that were made for each other: bananas, coconut, and almonds. Yum!
Aside from how delicious this meal is and how long it will keep you full for, the benefits of chia seeds cannot be stressed enough! The consumption of chia seeds dates back centuries. Chia seeds are full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. They can be added to any dish as their mild flavor does not overpower, but yet provides an entirely new depth of flavor and texture.
Due to chia seeds' high healthy fat and fiber content, this chia pudding will keep you full longer than many other breakfast or snack options, which is why we can't recommend this recipe enough! It can be prepared in 15 minutes or less and, since it will last several days when refrigerated, you can make a few mason jars of it and have breakfast prepped and ready to go for the whole week!
Diets This Recipe Is Compliant With
This recipe is paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, and sugar-free.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission. Don't worry, you won't be charged anything extra. This just helps keep the lights on.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash banana with the back of a spoon or fork.
- In a mason jar, add mashed banana, chia seeds, and milk, close lid, and shake vigorously until well combined. If necessary, stir with a spoon to ensure that chia seeds are well incorporated.
- Place mason jar in refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and, in a medium pan, lightly toast coconut flakes and slivered almonds. Season with salt.
- Garnish chia pudding with toasted coconut flakes, toasted slivered almonds, cinnamon, and slice of banana.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!